When positions become available, qualified individuals are encouraged and are welcome to apply for the job. We publish all the open positions on our website, online job portals, and local mediums of communication. The HR Manager and the head of the concerned department arrange interviews with the applicants. Our primary goal when recruiting new people is to fill vacancies with persons who have the best available skills, abilities, or experience needed to perform the work.
We encourage our current staff to recommend their friends and colleagues for hiring. We also have a scheme where we offer Nepalese Rupees 25,000 to the referrers if the referred person gets hired. This offer is also applicable to the general public.
As soon as you decide to apply for work at Yarsa Labs, we follow predefined hiring and onboarding processes. We listed this process publicly so you know what to expect.
Our job details page has all the details about the job, including the minimum requirements. We also indicate the level of experience you need to have for the position. Before hitting the “Apply Now” button, you have to take care of the following points.
Before you Apply
- Make sure you have the minimum required skills and experience for the position.
- Update your CV to include relevant links to the latest projects that you have worked on.
- Prepare a cover letter that tells us something interesting about you and your work experience.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button on the correct page, and fill-up the form.
After you Apply
After you submit the form our HR Manager will be notified of the new application. You will receive an automated email for a confirmation shortly after applying. Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder and mark it as not spam if it’s there so further communication is easier. After you receive the confirmation email, you should wait for our response.
What to Expect
- We will review your application and contact you within 7 days by email. In most cases, we reply on the same day.
- If you don’t have a habit of checking your emails regularly, now is the best time to start.
- We may also call you at your mobile number if we need further information.
- We do not entertain direct phone calls regarding your application.
If you didn’t receive any confirmation email from us within an hour after applying, please send us your application directly to email@example.com. If you received our automated response, but nobody contacted you about the application, please send us a reminder at the same email address.
We will send you an email if we decided not to select you. If your application got rejected, you can still apply for a different position. We will also send you an email when we have a job position available, and we think you’d be a good fit. You can also request us not to contact you again regarding your application.
If we decided to shortlist you after reviewing your application, we will send you an email to give you the good news. Someone from our team will contact you soon on the phone number you provided with your application. You should reply to the email if your contact number has changed recently. Our HR Manager will call you to ask some questions to assess your aptitude. Then the head of the department will call you to discuss your experience. Based on the role, you might be requested to complete a small task to assess your skills.
When we decide to select you for the position, it’s almost certain that you will be hired for the position. To proceed with your application, you should reply to our email with the following information.
- Your expected base salary per month for accepting the offer (optional).
- A scanned copy of your passport or citizenship document.
- A recently taken photograph.
- A scanned copy of your utility bill for address verification.
Note on Confidentiality
The documents sent to you are confidential information that is shared between you and the company. If you are using someone else’s computer to print the documents, you should make sure the documents are printed directly from your USB device and deleted from the computer immediately after printing.
After verifying your information we will send you a job offer letter. If you decided to accept the offer, please print the document and sign it, then send back the signed copy of the same. We also need the following information to prepare your employment contract. If you have any ongoing work, past inventions, or work that might conflict with the work that you will do at our company, you must clearly describe such work.
- A scanned copy of your personal PAN Card
- Details for your bank account for the payment
- A scanned copy of the signed job offer letter
- Details of any conflicting past inventions or work
After verifying the above information, we will send you final documents to sign, which include the employment contract and agreements as required by your position. One of our team members will collect a physical copy of the signed document from you soon. Until then, you should keep the signed documents securely with you.
After we have verified your documents, we may communicate with you to discuss the terms of your employment. Based on mutual understanding, we will prepare a contract document for you to sign. The contract document is a legally binding document between you and the company. Depending on the position that you are applying for, you may need to sign all of these agreements.
- Employment Contract Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Non-Compete Agreement
- Non-Circumvention Agreement
Once you have sent us the signed copy of the documents, you are ready to work with us. Our technical team onboard you to the team and we will introduce you to the team. One of our team members will collect the physical copies of the signed document from you soon. Until then, you should keep the signed documents securely with you.
Tip: After signing the documents, you can use our Document Scanner app to take pictures of the documents and make a PDF.
After we have verified your documents and completed the hiring process, we are happy to welcome you to the team! Our technical team will call you soon to onboard you to the team and set up your accounts. After becoming a part of our team, we may need to send some confidential information to you so you can know more about the work that you have to do.
- All further communication will be done using our company’s own communication channels.
- We will not send you further messages to your personal email.
- You should not use your personal email to communicate about work.
Read more about our onboarding process on the Onboarding The Team section of our Employee Handbook.